CPB Contractors has won a major highway upgrade in NSW Central Coast – the M1 Pacific Motorway Widening Tuggerah to Doyalson.
A total of ten heavyweights were vying for the lead contractor role in a major highway upgrade on the NSW Central Coast – M1 widening works Tuggerah to Doyalson. CIMIC Group's, CPB Contractors has arisen from the all-in brawl victorious, beating out the other heavyweights for the win.
The stiff competition included:
- BGC Contracting.
- Daracon Contractors.
- Fulton Hogan.
- John Holland.
- Laing O'Rourke.
- Seymour Whyte.
- WBHO Infrastructure.
The M1 Pacific Motorway widening project between Tuggerah and Doyalson is a construct only contract that will generate revenue of $145 million for CPB Contractors. The upgrades will involve the construction of roadworks, bridgeworks and associated activities for the upgrade of the M1 Pacific Motorway between the Tuggerah and Doyalson interchanges.
CPB Contractors Managing Director Román Garrido commented,
“Through strategic procurement and partnering arrangements, we will deliver a value for money project that provides opportunities for local workers and businesses.”
We really hope that this statement means they intend to use the “best and fairest” subbies and suppliers, and not simply the “cheapest and nastiest”. With the current demand for equipment in the region, we doubt they will find be able to find any roadworks plant going cheap.
The scope of the works are as follows:
- Construction of an additional (third) travel lane in both the northbound and southbound directions for 12km, between Wyong Road, Tuggerah and the Doyalson Link Road.
- Removal and replacement of a 9 km section of existing carriageway concrete pavement (north of the Wyong River).
- Construction of a new 2 span super-tee girder bridge near the Doyalson Interchange.
- Widening of two existing bridges at Sparks Road and St Johns Road.
- Improvement works and a new car park at the Warnervale Interchange.
- Rehabilitation of on-ramp and off-ramp pavements to the twin service centres at Jilliby.
The M1 Pacific Motorway is a critical link in the National Land Transport Network and part of the Sydney to Brisbane corridor, one of the busiest transport corridors in Australia. The widening project between Tuggerah and Doyalson was approved back in October 2014 so it’s exciting to see some momentum happening. Construction is expected to start in the coming weeks and wrap up in 2019.