Infrastructure Projects Across Queensland Finally given the 'Go Ahead'
While the resources sector in Queensland has had to cut 22,000 jobs over the past two years, the job market is finally looking a little brighter! The QLD Government earlier this year predicted that the mining and construction industries were expected to record economic growth over 2016-2017, and more than 60% of employment growth within the next 5 years.
Well, it looks like the government's magic 8-ball is in working order after all - with construction projects finally getting off the ground across the state.
Across QLD, the following projects are about to be kicking off:
- Dugald River Project (North-west Queensland)
- Kidston Project (North-West of Townsville)
- Adani’s Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail (West of Moranbah)
- Northern Gas Pipeline (Link Tennant Creek in the Territory to Mt. Isa in Queensland)
- Cloncurry Project (North-east of Mt Isa)
- Central Highlands Meat Processing Plant (Central Queensland)
- Guthalungra Aquaculture (North of Bowen)
- Isaac Plains East Extension (Isaac Plains)
- Rocklands Project (North-west Queensland)
- Ravenswood Extension Project (Eastern Queensland)
- Gateway North Upgrade (Nudgee to Bracken Ridge)
- Toowoomba Second Range Crossing (Toowoomba)
- Kingsford smith drive (Brisbane)
- Bruce Highway Upgrades (SunshineMotorway to Caloundra Road)
- Western Roads Upgrades Program (Brisbane and Gold Coast)
- Commonwealth Games road upgrades (Gold Coast)
- Light rail extension (Gold Coast)
Get your machines together guys, because there's plenty of work across sunny Queensland to go around.
If you want your gear in front of tier 1 construction firms who are tendering for long-term jobs, create a profile with us. We’ve delivered loads of work to our members over the last few years, and we’ll continue to do so.
Click here to create a free profile, or give us a call on 1300 691 912.
Resources: Projectory, Statements.qld.com.au, Tai.org.au, Statements.qld.gov.au