Western Sydney Airport Co is calling for expressions of interest for the first of three major earthworks packages on the $5.3 billion Western Sydney Airport project.
Graham Millett, CEO of Western Sydney Airport Co, has spoken about the significance of these major earthworks packages.
“We’ve been delighted by the market interest in the project and the eagerness to be part of this history-making project. By splitting the major earthworks into three contracts we’re able to broaden the number of eligible tendering parties and drive greater value for the community,” Mr. Millett said.
“We anticipate the award of the contract will be completed mid-2019 and we expect to see major earthworks commencing by late 2019, while the recently awarded early earthworks package is scheduled to commence in coming weeks."
The packages have been separated as follows;
- Package 1: Bulk Earthworks and Airside Civil Works;
- Package 2: Terminal and Speciality Works; and
- Package 3: Landside Civil and Building Works.
The packages make up stage 1 of the major construction of the project. Stage 1 will see the following works completed;
- a 3.7-kilometre runway, aprons, taxiways and other appropriate aviation facilities;
- a terminal with a floor area of up to 90,000 square metres;
- car-parking facilities for around 11,500 cars; and
- onsite roads and utilities.
Source: Western Sydney Airport Co,