Bobcat has launched the S450 skid steer loader that provides operators with improved comfort and performance. The Bobcat S450 is designed to serve a wide range of challenging tasks required on construction projects. This Bobcat has a spacious cab at less than 5 feet wide, making it ideal for working on rough construction conditions. The S450 is the higher quality substitute of the K-Series S130 skid steer loader with its 49 horsepower, 20 percent increase in auxiliary hydraulic pressures and non-diesel particulate filter (non-DPF) engine. The DPF removal in the S450 engine ensures that operators are not wasting valuable time on cleaning and replacing the filter or completing the regeneration process.
With a low-operating weight, this Bobcat skid steer loader can quickly travel across construction sites with its optional two-speed drive. This machine has a top speed of 11.4 km/h in low range and 14.8 km/h in high range when fitted with the optional Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC). High speeds produce fine and prompt results for loading and unloading materials from trucks or backfilling around foundations. The S450 is a latest edition to skid steer loader M-Series, which also includes the S510, S530, S550, S570, S590, S630, S650, S750, S770 and S850. All M-Series loaders share similar features like better power and performance, 360-degree visibility, and outstanding operator comfort.
Bobcat S450 Skid Steer Loader Specs (overview)
- Number of Cylinders: 4
- Engine Make: Kubota
- Engine Model: V2203-M-DI-E2B-BC-3
- Fuel: Diesel
- Net Power: 36.4 kW
- Power Measured: 2400 rpm
- Displacement: 2196 cm3
- Operating Weight: 2365 kg
- For full specs - see below
The S450 Bobcat skid steer loader provides great performance as it uses an innovative design and balance to deliver more usable horsepower. Bobcat is committed to building machines that have the right balance between engine and pump, plus a weight distribution that provides powerful breakout forces and faster cycle times. If you need to lift more, work quicker or outperform your competition, the Bobcat skid steer loaders are the best choice for you.
Non-DPF Engine Solution
The 1.8-litre engine of this skid steer loader features a non-DPF engine solution. The Tier 4 non-DPF solution was achieved by building an ultra-low particulate combustion (ULPC) engine. The level of particulate matter is reduced by a specially designed engine combustion chamber. This demonstrates that Tier 4 emission compliance can be attained without using a DPF. The new engine used in the S450 skid steer loader has increased torque. This sudden growth in torque occurs with engine rpm and permits operators to make better use of the machines' maximum performance.
For over ten years, Bobcat skid steer loaders have been fortified with standard machine shutdown protection that screen engines and hydraulic functions. Bobcat continues to improve these investment-saving features for their customers. Before the introduction of the new Bobcat engine, coolant and hydraulic oil temperatures were monitored to ensure better performance. If these functions did not match normal operating ranges, the system alerted the operator and the machine was shutdown to prevent any internal damage.
The shutdown feature is still included in the new and improved Bobcat engines, but the machine does not wholly rely on this shutdown feature. It keeps a check on the coolant and oil temperatures while managing the engine to prevent it reaching a point where the machine must be shutdown. Severe engine damage is prevented, engine wear is reduced and operators can continue work as usual.
Another exciting feature of the Bobcat S450 skid steer loader is its cold weather protection. If the engine temperature is low, the loader will temporarily limit the maximum engine speed to avoid premature component damage or failure. Engine idle speed is also slightly increased to help the engine reach its operating temperature faster. As soon as the engine warms up to a programmed temperature, the protection mechanism will neutralise.
The Bobcat S450 has the largest cab door opening for easy operator entry and exit. The cab-forward design puts the operator closer to the attachment to provide enhanced visibility in all directions. Further visibility improvements include the larger side and rear windows to better view the tires and back of the machine. Air conditioning is another feature available in the S450 skid steer loader to keep the operators comfortable and cool throughout the warmer seasons. The cab is sealed and pressurised to keep operators clean and comfortable during long workdays for maximum productivity.
The optional deluxe panel was a highly demanded addition to the Bobcat skid steer loaders, which monitors the keyless start to help prevent theft, fuel consumption and more. A 5-inch coloured LCD screen delivers better readability to help operators quickly read and understand the machine's performance. S450 owners can also select between the standard foot pedal and hand lever hydraulic controls, Advanced Control System (ACS) or Selectable Joystick Controls.
- Speed Management: Speed management involves easy operating steps. Simply input the required travel speed in small increments. Speed management presents the operator with a full range of joystick motion at slower speeds. Accurate control of machine movements is achieved while maintaining maximum driveline torque and hydraulic power.
- Steering Drift Compensation: Steering drift compensation keeps the operator on a straight path with minor steering adjustments. This function is beneficial when the operator side-shifts certain attachments, such as planers or trenchers, as they tend to pull the skid steer loader to one side. The operator can also use it while driving on surfaces that cause the skid steer loader to drift left or right.
- Horsepower Management: Horsepower management automatically adjusts the drive system to increase pushing and digging power while minimising the chance of stalling. Unlike other anti-stall systems, the Bobcat horsepower management permits the operator to achieve maximum engine and drive torque for rough digging conditions. If the operator prefers to work without the horsepower management, simply disengage with the push of a button.
Uptime protection for the S450 skid steer loader consists of efficient machine cooling, solid steel tailgate, constant tension drive belt and improved tie-downs. A specifically designed rear bumper covers past the tailgate for safeguarding against worksite obstacles, scrapes and bumps. This skid steer loader is designed to work long hours on demanding projects with minimal time for routine maintenance.
The S450 also consists of the hydraulically powered Bobcat SmartFAN. When the cooling system draws cool, clean air is released from the SmartFAN and then directed out through two side vents. The radiator and hydraulic oil cooler are situated above the engine for ease of access and are well-protected between the frame uprights.
Safety and Protection
- Battery Run-Down Protection: The lighting circuit automatically switches off to avoid accidental battery discharge.
- No-Maintenance Axle Bearings: The Bobcat skid steer loader axle bearings are automatically lubricated with chain-case oil to avoid additional greasing.
- Machine Shutdown Protection: The automatic shutdown system handles engine and hydraulic functions. To reduce any damage to the engine or hydraulic components, the system alerts the operator and shuts down.
- Tougher Axles: The machine prevents downtime with axles larger than any similar sized skid steer loaders.
- Theft Protection: Compact loaders are the most common pieces of equipment stolen in the construction industry. You can minimise the risk of theft with the optional password-protected Bobcat Deluxe Instrument Panel, which has up to eight custom keyless start codes.
- Optional Keyless Panel: There is an optional security panel upgrade if you would like to include a keyless start for your skid steer loader. This includes the added security of the owner-defined numeric code.
Hire a Skid Steer Loader
The Bobcat S450 skid steer loader will provide the most superior operation as well as a quality addition to your plant range. Browse our skid steer loader hire options that are listed on iSeekplant to try before you buy and successfully complete your project needs.
Bobcat S450 Skid Steer Loader Full Specs
- Make and model: Kubota V2203-M-DI-E2B-BC-3
- Fuel: Diesel
- Cooling: Liquid
- Power at 2400 rpm: 36.4 kW
- Torque at 1425 rpm (SAE J1995 Gross): 150.0 Nm
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Displacement: 2196 cm3
- Fuel tank: 54.50 L
- Operating weight: 2365 kg
- Shipping weight: 2052 kg
- Rated operating capacity (ISO 14397-1): 608 kg
- Tipping load: 1215 kg
- Pump capacity: 64.00 L/min
- System relief at quick couplers: 22.4 to 23.1 MPa
- Max. travel speed (high range - option): 14.8 km/h
- Max. travel speed (low range): 11.4 km/h
- Operator LpA (98/37 & 474-1): 87 dB(A)
- Noise level LWA (EU Directive 2000/14/EC): 101 dB(A)
- Whole body vibration (ISO 2631–1) High speed: 1.29 ms-2
- Whole body vibration uncertainty: 0.52 ms-2
- Hand-arm vibration (ISO 5349–1) High speed: 1.73 ms-2
- Transmission: Infinitely variable tandem hydrostatic piston pumps, driving two fully reversing hydrostatic motors
- Cushion suspension seat
- Automatically activated glow plugs
- Auxiliary hydraulics: Variable flow/maximum flow
- Bob-Tach frame
- Bobcat Interlock Control System (BICS)
- 10 x 16.5, 10–ply, Heavy duty tyres
- Deluxe operator cab includes interior cab foam, side, top and rear windows, deluxe wire harness, dome light and electrical power port
- Electrically activated proportional front auxiliary hydraulics
- Engine/hydraulics system shutdown
- Lift arm support
- Noise reduction kit
- Operating lights, front and rear
- Parking brake
- Seat belt
- Seat bar
- Spark arrestor muffler
- CE certification
- Warranty: 12 months or 2000 hours (whichever occurs first)
To keep up to date with all of the latest industry and project news, subscribe to iSeekplant's Flapping Mouth blog below!