The Komatsu D375A-8 dozer sets itself apart from the competition thanks to its innovative engine. This dozer sets the industry standard with its operator comfort and control, while providing higher production rates and lower operation costs for mining and construction applications.
The Komatsu D375A-8 is equipped with the Komtrax Plus remote monitoring and location system, which is supported by the company’s Australia-wide service network.
The D375A-8 dozer uses a powerful Tier 4 Final engine with proven technology for machine reliability, fuel-efficiency, and emission compliance. Engine horsepower for the dozer increases by approximately 20 percent while in reverse.
Komatsu D375A-8 Dozer Specs (overview)
- Number of Cylinders: 6
- Engine Make: Komatsu
- Engine Model: SAA6D170E-7
- Gross Power: 636 Hp forward, 775 Hp reverse
- Net Power: 609 Hp forward, 748 Hp reverse
- Power Measured: 1800 rpm
- Displacement: 23.15 L
- Aspiration: Turbocharged
- For full specs - see below
Technologies Applied to New Engine
1. Heavy-Duty After Treatment System
The new engine model can capture more than 90% of Particulate Matter (PM). Extra fuel injection and special oxidation catalysts can decompose stored soot in the KDPF filter by either active or passive regeneration. This process does not involve any actions or interruptions to normal operations by the operators themselves.
2. Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) System
The VGT system is built to achieve an optimal injection of high-pressure fuel with computerised control, thereby causing complete combustion to reduce PM emissions.
3. Heavy-Duty Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
This system recirculates exhaust gas in the air intake and reduces combustion temperatures along with NOx emissions. By incorporating a highly efficient and compact cooling system, the EGR gas flow is increased, the system achieves a dynamic reduction of NOx, and fuel consumption is reduced.
4. High-Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) Fuel Injection System
This system is designed to produce an optimal injection of high-pressure fuel with computerised control, thereby causing complete combustion to minimise PM emissions.
5. Hydraulic Drive Radiator Cooling Fan
The engine cooling fan rotation speed is electronically controlled and depends on powertrain oil, engine coolant and hydraulic oil temperatures. This means that higher temperatures produce higher fan speeds. This system is designed to increase fuel efficiency, lower operating noise levels, and use less horsepower than a belt-driven fan.
1. Automatic Transmission with Lockup Torque Converter
Powertrain efficiency and fuel consumption reductions are achieved by the automatic gearshift transmission and lock-up torque converter. The automatic gearshift transmission sets an optimal gear range depending on the working conditions and load placed on the machine. This indicates that the machine is always operating at maximum efficiency.
2. Selectable Working Modes
There are two working modes on this machine: "P-mode" for maximum power and "E-mode" for energy-saving operations. Combined with the automatic or manual gearshift mode, the working mode allows the operator to select the optimum machine operating condition for the work assigned.
- P-mode (Power mode): Select P-mode for a large production work requirement, heavy-load work, and uphill work. The engine outputs its full power in this mode.
- E-mode (Economy mode): Select E-mode for energy saving operations and restricted engine power output. This mode is particularly useful for operations not requiring large power such as downhill dozing, levering, and light-load work.
3. Automatic/Manual Gearshift Selectable Modes
Automatic or manual gearshift transmissions can be selected by simply pressing the switch located on the multi-monitor.
- Automatic gearshift mode: This mode is for general dozing. The gear automatically moves down when a load is applied, and then the gear automatically moves up to a set maximum speed when the load is removed. This selectable mode saves on both fuel and production when the lock-up torque converter is activated.
- Manual gearshift mode: This mode is for dozing and ripping through rough ground. When the machine is loaded, the gear automatically moves down but does not move up when the load is removed. The operator can specify whether the automatic down function is enabled or disabled by operating the monitor.
4. Auto Downshift Function
When a load is applied to this machine, the gear transmission automatically moves down towards the optimum gear speed to offer high fuel efficiency. This function provides seamless operation in dozing without manual downshifting.
5. Reverse Slow Mode
With the reverse slow mode function, the engine speed is restricted by reducing reverse travel speed to improve ride quality particularly on rough terrain.
6. Electronic Smooth Steering Clutch/Brake Control
This machine has more smooth steering control with enhanced timing of the clutch and brake engagement. Its sensors also monitor operation on an inclined slope in relation to its load.
7. Track Shoe Slip Control Mode (Optional)
With the help of the track shoe slip control mode, the operator is not required to continually control engine power output with the decelerator pedal during the ripping operation. The operator is now free to concentrate on the machine manoeuvrability. The reduction of track shoe slippage significantly lowers repair costs and increases the undercarriage life. Additionally, this mode produces lower fuel costs as the engine output is automatically set to an optimum operational level.
8. High-Efficiency Blade and End Bit Design
The blade increases productivity with its hauling capabilities of large loads. This blade has been transformed with a larger radius along with a more slanted section to decrease the digging resistance. The improved design of the end bit provides better penetration, extended dozer life, and upsurges the amount of soil carried.
9. High Penetration Force by Variable Giant Ripper
The variable giant ripper is a single shank ripper that is ideal for ripping through tough material. The deeper reach of the ripper allows the operator to dig up larger rocks more easily. The ripper height is adjustable in three stages with a hydraulically controlled pin puller.
1. Comfortable Ride with Equaliser Bar Shoulder Pad
The shoulder pad on the equaliser bar makes the machine work smoother when driving over obstacles. The shoulder pad also reduces the oscillation angle of the equaliser bar, suppressing machine rolling behaviour. These improvements provide a more comfortable ride for the operator in tough situations.
2. Comfortable Operator Seat
The new air suspension operator seat improves vibration absorption in this Komatsu 375 dozer. Its uniformed body pressure management increases the contact area with the body to enhance hold performance and reduce operator fatigue. This seat is equipped with lumbar support, tilting adjustment function, electric heater and ventilator. This seat is easily adjusted to the physical size of the operator and the electric heater provides more comfortable working conditions during colder months.
3. Comfortable Ride with New Cab Damper Mounts
The D375A-8 cab mount uses a new cab damper which provides excellent shock and vibration absorption with its long stroke. An isolated cab from the machine body offers a comfortable operation environment with less vibration and noise.
1. One Side Platform with Handrails and Toe Boards
The one side platform allows the operator to safely access the rear maintenance points including checking and refilling the fuel and washer, cleaning the cab window glass and air conditioner condenser, cab lights plus more.
2. Heavy Duty Steps and Large Handrails
Grab handles are strategically placed with non-slip steps to help operators get on and off the machine.
3. Secondary Engine Shutdown Switch
A secondary engine shutdown switch is newly equipped on the side of the machine monitor, which is helpful when the engine cannot shutdown normally via the starting key switch.
4. Seat Belt Caution Indicator
This seat belt caution indicator reminds the operator to engage the seat belt.
5. Emergency Engine Stop Switches (Optional)
The emergency engine stop switches are helpful to immediately stop the engine by using either of the two switches. One switch is installed in the cab and the other at the right rear of the machine.
Browse the Komatsu D375A-8 dozer available on the iSeekplant platform
The Komatsu D375A-8 dozer will give you the most superior operation as well as a quality addition to your plant range. Browse our dozer hire options that are listed on iSeekplant to try before you buy and facilitate the completion of your project needs.
Komatsu D375A-8 Dozer Full Specs
Coolant and Lubricant Capacity Refill
- Fuel tank: 1200 L/ 317 U.S. gal
- Coolant: 145 L/ 41.5 U.S. gal
- Engine: 86 L/ 21.1 U.S. gal
- Torque converter, transmission, bevel gear and steering system: 150 L/ 39.6 U.S. gal
- Final drive (each side): 65 L/ 16.1 U.S. gal
- Model: Komatsu SAA6D170E-7
- Type: 4-cycle, water-cooled, direct injection
- Aspiration: Turbocharged, air-to-air charge air cooler, cooled EGR
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Bore x stroke: 170 mm x 170 mm/ 6.69" x 6.69"
- Piston displacement: 23.15 L/ 1413 in³
Governor Mid-range, electronic Horsepower
- SAE J1995 - Gross
- Forward: 474 kW/ 636 Hp
- Reverse: 578 kW/ 775 Hp
- ISO 9249 / SAE J1349* - Net
- Forward: 455 kW/ 609 Hp
- Reverse: 558 kW/ 748 Hp
- Rated rpm: 1800 rpm
- Fan drive type: Hydraulic
- Method: Gear pump, force lubrication
- Filter: Full-flow
- Forward: 432 kW/ 580 Hp
- Reverse: 536 kW/ 719 Hp
To keep up to date with all of the latest industry and project news, subscribe to iSeekplant's Flapping Mouth blog below!