- Inverter Generator Hire Rates
- Conventional Diesel Generator Hire Rates
- Silenced Diesel Generator Hire Rates
The choice of which generator you need on your site will generally come down to the following issues:
- How much power do you want to generate?
- What fuel do you want to use to power the motor?
- How much noise does a generator make?
The price you pay to hire a generator from any of our plant hire suppliers will be determined by these three factors, and of course, how long you are hiring the generator and where it will be operating. We have a range of quality generator suppliers on our platform, including some specialist power generation companies, regular plant hire companies, and hundreds of smaller plant hire companies with one or two generators.
Inverter Generator Hire Rates (Below 10 KVA)
- 2 KVA inverter generator hire rates: $89 per day, $195 per week, $594 per month
- 3 KVA inverter generator hire rates: $90 per day, $200 per week, $600 per month
- 4 KVA inverter generator hire rates: $119 per day, $390 per week, $650 per month
- 6 KVA inverter generator hire rates: $143 per day, $430 per week, $1200 per month
- 7 KVA inverter generator hire rates: $148 per day, $450 per week, $1250 per month
- 8 KVA inverter generator hire rates: $89 per day, $195 per week, $594 per month
Inverter generators are the pick of the bunch for the smaller sized power generation. Inverter generators are relatively new technology that utilise circuitry and magnets. Inverter generators produce an AC current, and like conventional generators, convert it to a DC current, then inverts it back to a clean AC current. This smooths out the current, making it more safe, stable and predictable. This solves the issue of conventional generators sometimes surging, which is otherwise detrimental on your appliances that are plugged into it. Inverter generators are super compact, so many boaties and caravan rangers have one packed in the back.
Conventional Diesel Generator Hire Rates (Below 10 KVA)
- 2 KVA generator hire rates: $85 per day, $180 per week, $550 per month
- 3.5 KVA generator hire rates: $87 per day, $190 per week, $575 per month
- 5 KVA generator hire rates: $116 per day, $377 per week, $675 per month
- 6.5 KVA generator hire rates: $143 per day, $470 per week, $750 per month
- 8 KVA generator hire rates: $155 per day, $500 per week, $850 per month
- 9 KVA generator hire rates: $166 per day, $540 per week, $900 per month
- 10 KVA generator hire rates: $180 per day, $585 per week, $1000 per month
Conventional diesel generators are the most prolific as they use technology that has been around the longest. These generators are powered by diesel fuel and use a motor to convert fuel to an electrical current at varying voltages or strengths. The engine speed should not fluctuate, but if it does, the electrical current will vary in strength. Conventional diesel generators can be rowdy, which is why silenced generators have become a much more popular technology in modern times.
Silenced Diesel Generator Hire Rates (Above 10 KVA)
- 14 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $165 per day, $520 per week, $1600 per month
- 20 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $170 per day, $550 per week, $1800 per month
- 30 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $185 per day, $620 per week, $1900 per month
- 35 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $190 per day, $650 per week, $1950 per month
- 40 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $199 per day, $650 per week, $2000 per month
- 45 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $220 per day, $700 per week, $2200 per month
- 50 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $235 per day, $770 per week, $2400 per month
- 60 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $275 per day, $900 per week, $2800 per month
- 80 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $290 per day, $950 per week, $3000 per month
- 100 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $330 per day, $1100 per week, $3400 per month
- 125 KVA silenced diesel generator hire rates: $380 per day, $1235 per week, $3900 per month
It is rare that you will find a conventional generator in KVA rates higher than about 10 KVA due to high noise levels, therefore most of the larger generators are all silenced these days.
Silenced generators are built into a sound-proofed case to impede the sound of the engine, making them more suitable for a range of applications in residential areas. As the prices above suggest, silenced generators are also only marginally more expensive than the conventional generator.
Hire a Generator through iSeekplant today!
You can use the iSeekplant get a quote tool to receive competitive prices for generator hire. Just tell us when and where you need your power generator, and we’ll get you the best quotes available from our nationwide network of generator hire suppliers located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne to Canberra, Adelaide, Darwin and Perth. Alternatively, call us on 1300 691 912 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the iSeekplant team.
Subscribe to iSeekplant's Flapping Mouth Blog below to stay up to date with the latest industry news and projects across Australia!