What are typical Concrete Line Pump Hire Rates?
- Line Pump (Trailer) dry hire rate: $165 - $182 + GST Per Hour
- Line Pump (Trailer) wet hire rate: $190 - $228 + GST Per Hour
- Line Pump (Truck) dry hire rate: $172 - $188 + GST Per Hour
- Line Pump (Truck) wet hire rate: $205 - $235 + GST Per Hour
- Line Pump (Hose Extension) surcharge: $7 - $12 + GST Per Meter
Line Pump hire rates tend not to vary as significantly as other machines on the market today, however, there is a range of factors that may influence how much you end up paying. When looking at hiring a line pump, it is essential to understand the requirements of your project and hire a machine that best suits your needs.
When it comes to line pumps, hire rates may vary depending on whether you’re hiring a truck-mounted or trailer-mounted line pump, though the difference is not significant. The main costs here are incurred from hose extension surcharges which will often be upwards of $7 per meter over the contract's original agreement.
As line pumps are more cost-effective than other concrete transfer methods, they are the preferred choice for small construction and residential concrete work. It should be noted that when looking to wet hire line pumps that most rates will be inclusive of one or two operators but may offer extra personnel for a labour surcharge.
What are typical Concrete Boom Pump Hire Rates?
- Boom Pump (21-30m) dry hire rate: $155 - $182 + GST Per Hour
- Boom Pump (21-30m) wet hire rate: $195 - $255 + GST Per Hour
- Boom Pump (31-40m) dry hire rate: $190 - $210 + GST Per Hour
- Boom Pump (31-40m) wet hire rate: $215 - $295 + GST Per Hour
- Boom Pump (41-50m) dry hire rate: $245 - $268 + GST Per Hour
- Boom Pump (41-50m) wet hire rate: $285 - $355 + GST Per Hour
- Boom Pump (51m +) dry hire rate: $262 - $310 + GST Per Hour
- Boom Pump (51m +) wet hire rate: $360 - $443 + GST Per Hour
The price of hiring a boom pump can vary significantly depending on size making boom pump hire rates quite hard to generalise. While dry hire rates have been provided as a guide, it is unlikely that hire companies will offer this service given the specialist training required.
When it comes to hiring a boom pump, knowing project requirements will often be the best way to save on hire rates given the significant surcharges on larger and more capable machines. For this reason, boom pumps are the preferred choice for large scale construction projects, including warehouse and highrise development.
While boom pumps tend to be more expensive than other concrete pumping equipment, increased flow rates and the need for excessive labour usually even the scores, making boom pump hire more cost-effective than other solutions across certain projects.
What are typical pumped concrete rates per cubic meter?
- Line Pump (Trailer) rate: $7 - $8 + GST Per Cubic Meter
- Line Pump (Truck) rate: $7 - $8 + GST Per Cubic Meter
- Boom Pump (21-30m) rate: $7 - $8 + GST Per Cubic Meter
- Boom Pump (31-40m) rate: $8 - $10 + GST Per Cubic Meter
- Boom Pump (41-50m) rate: $8 - $11.50 + GST Per Cubic Meter
- Boom Pump (51m +) rate: $9 - $12 + GST Per Cubic Meter
Potentially the most overlooked cost associated with concrete pump hire is well… the concrete. Different hire companies will tend to charge varying rates depending on both pump type and size, making it hard to offer specific rates without a personalised quote. From our experience, these rates will tend to be quite similar across most sizes with the occasional upcharge for larger machines. This, however, tends to even out when considering the increased flow rate and capacity.
Though all figures are generalised, from what we have seen the average hire company will tend to charge around eight dollars per cubic meter of pumped concrete.
What are typical concrete pump surcharge rates
- Pipe Extension (Boom + Line) rate: $3 - $8 + GST Per Meter
- Slurry Charge (Pump Prime) rate: $15 - $19 + GST Flat Rate
- On-site Induction (Training) rate: $50 - $65 + GST Per Person, Per Hour
- Operator Surcharge (Extra Person) rate: $68 - $75 + GST Per Hour
- Operator Surcharge (Overtime) rate: $55 - $75 + GST Per Hour
- Travel Costs (Line Pump) rate: $150 - $165 + GST Per Hour
- Travel Costs (Boom Pump) rate: $155 - $195 + GST Per Hour
When looking to hire a concrete pump, it is vital that excess surcharges are taken into consideration, particularly when sticking to a tight budget. Above is a list of additional charges which some customers may incur throughout a given hire period.
While some of these expenses may not be incurred, slurry charges, travel costs, and pipe extension will typically be unavoidable. On-site inductions, extra personnel, and overtime charges, however, are commonly requested in addition to the base hire rate.
How to get the best concrete pump hire rates
If you’re seeking to find the best Concrete Pump hire rates, there is a multitude of different factors that can affect how much you will end up paying. It is important to be mindful of things such as transport distance, hire terms, concrete pump type, and other excess surcharges. Sound confusing? It can be… so let us do it for you!
With iSeekplant you can access thousands of suppliers around Australia and seek expert advice about the right concrete pump hire solutions for you! Make sure you are getting the best concrete pump hire rates with iSeekplant!
You can browse thousands of concrete pump hire listings through our website or Click here to use iSeekplant's Get Rates tool and we will get you the best quote for your job, completely free of charge!
Don’t miss out on high-quality machines and highly-competitive rates! Regardless of your project, iSeekplant is here to help!